Contributed by Julia Sirna-Frist
Fill in the missing lyrics to well-known songs.
- First, pick a well-known song like Twinkle Twinkle, The Ants Go Marching etc.
- Then, write the lyrics out leaving some words out
- Lastly, ask the students to fill in the blanks!
Transition into Activity
- This activity can be good at morning meeting time. The song can be switched every week or adapted to whatever theme the class is in.
Transition out of Activity
- Find a place in the class to keep all the newly created songs.
Circle time or could be a station.
- One way to do this would be to make all the words pictures and the students can arrange the pictures however they want. This can be good for non verbal students.
- In order to fill in the blanks with moves instead of words, it can be modified.
Role of the Teachers and Paraprofessionals
- Leading the song and encouraging everyone to sing!
- Creating the Madlib sheets/Madlib pictures
The TA can share their their screen to show the Madlib or have the Madlib written on a big post-it in their space. With older students the suggestions could be written in the chat.