October 7th, 2021
Scope of this Policy
- GIVE Project and our partners, New Victory Theater, ArtsConnection, and Community-Word Project (“GIVE Project,” “we,” “us,” “our”).
- GIVE Project’s online properties, including our websites, and websites that link to it; our social media pages or handles; and GIVE Project’s products and services (“Services”).
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to third-party websites, mobile applications, or services that may link to the Services or be linked to from the Services. Please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we do, we will notify you by posting the updated version.
Information We Collect
We collect information from you directly and from the devices you use to interact with us. We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records. We may use and share information that we aggregate (combine to create statistics that cannot identify a particular individual) or de-identify (strip all unique identifiers such that the information cannot be linked to a particular individual) at our discretion.
Information You Give Us
You may provide the following information to us directly:
- Contact information, including name, email address, and telephone number.
- Demographic information.
- Information contained in your communications to us, including call recordings of customer service calls.
- Information you make available to us via a social media platform.
- Any information or data you provide by commenting on content posted on our Services. Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our Services.
- Any other information you submit to us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We and partners working on our behalf may use log files, cookies, or other digital tracking technologies to collect the following information from the device you use to interact with our Services. We also create records when you interact with the Services.
- Device information, including Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, device identifiers, pixel tags, and details about your web browser.
- Analytical information, including details about your interaction with our website, app, and electronic newsletters, and search and browsing history.
- Diagnostic information, including web traffic logs.
- Geolocation information, including information that describes location at ZIP code-level or with less precision.
The following is a list of our partners who collect the information described above. Please follow the links to find out more information about the partner’s privacy practices.
- AddThis – Device; Analytical
- Google Analytics – Device; Analytical; and Geolocation
- Google Tag Manager – Analytical
- TypeKit (Adobe) – Device; Analytical; and Diagnostic
- WordPress – Device; Analytical; and Diagnostic
How We Use Your Information
We may use any of the information we collect for the following purposes.
- Service functionality: To provide you with our Services, including to send service communications, answer your questions, or receive your feedback.
- Advertising and marketing: To send you direct marketing communications and information about our newsletters, offers and promotions for our Services or special events.
- Security: To protect and secure our Services, assets, network, and business operations, and to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
- Legal compliance: To comply with legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests and to comply with applicable legal requirements.
How We Share Your Information
We may share any of the information we collect with the following recipients.
- Affiliates: We share information with other members of our group of companies.
- Service providers: We engage vendors who perform specific business functions on our behalf and may receive information about you from us or collect it directly. These vendors are obligated by contract to use information that we share only for the purpose of providing these business functions, which include:
- Supporting Service functionality, such as vendors that support content management.
- Analytics and marketing services, including entities that analyze traffic on our online properties and assist with identifying and communicating with potential customers.
- Information technology vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting and maintenance, data and software storage, and network operation.
- Web accessibility services, such as entities that monitor the accessibility of websites for people with disabilities.
- Business partners: From time to time, we may share your contact information with other organizations for marketing purposes.
- Government entities/Law enforcement: We may share information when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or other regulatory or law enforcement requests, or where necessary to protect our property or rights or the safety of our employees, our customers, or other individuals.
- Other businesses in the context of a commercial transaction: We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the Services, and in that event, we may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information as described in this policy.
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
Email Unsubscribe: If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or wish to opt out of future email promotions from us, please contact us. Please note that all promotional email messages you receive from us will include an option to opt out of future email communications.
Jurisdiction-specific Rights: You may have certain rights with respect to your personal information depending on your location or residency. Please see “privacy disclosures for specific jurisdictions” below and contact us to exercise your rights.
Other Important Information
We may store information about you for as long as we have a legitimate business need for it.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
We may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the United States regarding information handling may be different from the laws of your country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
Information About Children
The Services are intended for users age thirteen and older. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 13, we will delete that information. Please contact us with any concerns.
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to third parties. Currently, we do not engage in such sales. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data sharing practices, please contact us.
Contact Information, Submitting Requests, and Our Response Procedures
Mail: 229 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036